Revit Architecture is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that works the way Architects think. From Preliminary Design through Design Development, and into Construction Documents, the program streamlines the design process with a central 3D model. Changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets. The course is designed to teach you the Revit functionality as you would work with it in the design process. You begin by learning about the user interface and the Revit commands for design development followed by those available for construction documentation.
As building projects tend to be complex, Revit Architecture supports the collection of data related to the design. The objective of the course is to enable students to create full 3D architectural project models and set them up in working drawings. The course focuses on basic tools the majority of users need to work with Revit Architecture.
The topics include the following:
- Understand the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in Revit
- Using the Revit Architecture workspace and interface
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools in Revit
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors
- Adding floors and roofs to the building model
- Creating standard and custom stairs
- Detailing Reflected Ceiling Plans with ceilings and lighting fixtures
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules
- Creating details
Online training runs 5 hours per day for 5 days.
Session links will be provided for each day.
No payment is required for registering. Minimum of 3 students required to run class.