BIM Support & Services
Kelar Pacific has a dedicated staff of Architects, Engineers and Construction professionals to help in your transition to BIM. Read up on our VDC Services.
Our BIM services division can take your 2D drawings, convert them to a 3D model, incorporate the dimension of time (4D), estimate material quantities, run sustainability analysis, and detect clashes/conflicts to help you utilize the power behind an intelligent building model, all while maintaining your current project deadlines.
The BIM Implementation solution starts with a documented roadmap for integrating BIM and your related software solutions in a way that makes sense for your business. You can include options such as content and template creation, onsite mentoring and premium technical support to achieve a complete solution for your first, or next BIM project.
|BIM Health Check|
The BIM Health Check is a post-implementation assessment aimed at evaluating your use of BIM software for maximum project savings. Our team will interview your staff and analyze project files delivering you a detailed report with recommendations for improvement.
|BIM in the Field|
Your field teams can take advantage of BIM to layout points and achieve higher productivity with less risk of error. The result is real-time field verification and a more accurate as-built model for your owner. Kelar Pacific can help you evaluate BIM in the Field with rental packages.
Mentoring for Autodesk products is a unique
training package provided by professional instructors with in-depth product and industry expertise. Your team learns while working at your office on live projects for a few hours a day, week or month.
Our solutions allow owners, construction,
engineering and architectural firms, as well as government agencies to manage capital project budgets, construction costs, project schedules and claim services efficiently. Kelar Pacific can help manage projects or augment your team.
2D Drawings to 3D Parametric BIM: 2D plans/specs to 3D Building Information Model
- Bidirectional Associativity: A change anywhere is a change everywhere. In Revit software, all model information is stored in one place. As a result, any information that gets changed is effectively changed throughout the model.
- Parametric Components: Parametric Components, also known as families, are the basis for all building components designed in Revit. They offer an open, graphical system for design thinking and form making as well as an opportunity to express design intent at detailed levels.
Design Analysis: Reduce conflicts and increase performance.
- Anticipate Problems: Collision, Clash, Interference, and Conflict Detection: Interference and Collision Detection enables clash tests against all of a building’s components to find and resolve conflicts before they become a reality. Run clash test reports, including comments and screenshots, and track the status of clashes as they are found and resolved across extended project teams.
- The Elements: The building industry is well aware that existing environmental elements are not always accounted for in a traditional set of plans. Our software solutions can analyze how the effects of wind, water, gravity, light and other surroundings will affect a building's performance before it is built.
- Sustainability: Carbon Neutrality is a reality. Our analysis tools provide immediate whole building energy and carbon analysis on any building design scheme.
- Systems Analysis: Analyze and test a building’s mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems to ensure they are configured properly.
Design Visualization and Review: See, share and revise your project before it is real.
- Visualization: Capture design ideas in a photorealistic state or navigate through a 3D model to ‘see’ a building before it is built. Our BIM division can help create high quality renderings or actual walk through videos for your next design presentation. Use smooth, real-time navigation with a range of tools including: Walk, Look Around, Zoom, Zoom Box, Pan, Orbit, Examine, Fly, and Turntable to deliver real time animation. BIM helps teams ‘see’ buildings before they ever break ground.
- Review: While you can review design, materials, lights, and backgrounds, BIM functionality does much more to help your project run efficiently. Industry leading professionals have found it improves communication and collaboration across extended project teams. Whether in a board room or on a job site, our software solutions let you insert notes/comments, redline changes and run reports to share with consultants or contractors. Imagine having your team on the same page.
Schedule in 4D
The Building Information Model includes scheduling views that are updated automatically throughout the model. You can use 4D (time) simulation to link model geometry to times and dates for playback of construction or demolition sequences to verify building or demolition viability. Functionality includes associative split-schedule sections and selectable design elements via schedule views, formulas, and filtering. Schedule linking also enables the import of times, dates, and other task data from outside project management software.
Estimating in 5D
Moving forward with the 3D model, the estimator can pull quantities from the model, build detailed cost estimates and provide trade verifications from fabrication models (structural steel, rebar, M/P & electrical). The BIM model can also run what-if scenarios and produce stunning visualizations including 3-D print models.
(QTO) Quantity Take-off in 5D
Calculate detailed material quantities with the automated reporting features in an intelligent BIM model. Appropriate for sustainable design and checking material quantities in cost estimates, Material takeoff simplifies the tracking of material quantities. In addition, Revit’s parametric change engine helps ensure that your material takeoffs are always accurate.Facility Management Applications in 6D
BIM is a complete lifecycle application including Facility Management (FM). Each asset within the building has a lifespan which has intelligent, and trackable, information in the BIM file. In the event of replacement, it is easy to identify the necessary parts and update the BIM file.
for Revit extends the Autodesk Revit-based products document coordination and quality solutions to the construction specifications. Integrate your design firm preferences to automate the process of creating your construction specs and access those specs directly within Revit based applications.
01 Jun 2016 8:30 AM (PDT) • San Diego
01 Jun 2016 8:30 AM (PDT) • San Diego
02 Jun 2016 12:00 PM (PDT) • Online
06 Jun 2016 8:30 AM (PDT) • San Diego